cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring photos from PowerShot SX530 HS using NFC

lesaros
Apprentice

I can no longer tranfer photos from my Powershot SX530 HS to my Galaxy S9 Android phone using NFC. Keeping getting message "Due to changes in the Android OS specifications, from version 2.7.0 of Camera Connect, Wi-Fi connection using NFC touch is no longer available. Please use another connection method". Any ideas how to fix this? One of the reasons I purchased this camera was because of the NFC option and now I can't use it.

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Don't use NFC.  NFC is obsolete and has been superseded by Bluetooth.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The Powershot SX530 HS doesn't have Bluetooth. 

Mike Sowsun

@MikeSowsun wrote:

The Powershot SX530 HS doesn't have Bluetooth. 

Canon Connect does not use NFC.  It uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

@lesaros wrote:

I can no longer tranfer photos from my Powershot SX530 HS to my Galaxy S9 Android phone using NFC. Keeping getting message "Due to changes in the Android OS specifications, from version 2.7.0 of Camera Connect, Wi-Fi connection using NFC touch is no longer available. Please use another connection method". Any ideas how to fix this? One of the reasons I purchased this camera was because of the NFC option and now I can't use it. 

Since your camera does not have Bluetooth, your only option is to use the  Camera Connect App with Wi-Fi.

Mike Sowsun

MiltonVines
Contributor
This camera sends images to smartphones and tablet computers that have Wi-Fi functions.
This article explains [how to connect to a smartphone by pressing the Wi-Fi button to send the images in the camera].
For instructions on how to send images using the NFC function with an Android™ smartphone (OS version 4.0 or higher) that supports NFC, refer to Sending Images from a Camera to an Android Smartphone via NFC Connection.
Respectfully yours, Milton. Sometimes I somethink write 😉 My life principle "Love never fails"
Announcements