cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shooting Modes PowerShot A2300

Thaqxb
Apprentice

I am trying to switch to from AUTO mode to any of the other shooting modes listed in the manual. For instance "P", or fisheye, or low light.

The camera is brand new and is my first Canon camera. It is replacing my ancient 3 MP Pentax Optio 330.   The Canon works well in AUTO mode, but I would really like to try out some of the other modes.

The instructions on page 68 of the manual say to press the up arrow button repeatedly until LIVE is displayed. But when I press the button repeatedly it just cycles between the words iFrame and AUTO. In other words, LIVE is not displayed. So I am unable to proceed with the next step.

I checked the PDF manual on the CD ROM and also downloaded the manual from the Canon site. Both have the same instructions. I searched the forums and the knowledge base but didn't find anything. Is it possible that most users of this entry level point and shoot never leave AUTO mode and so have never asked for help on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thaqxb
Apprentice

Canon tech support told me to reset the camera and if that didn't work to return the camera at my expense for service. This is for a camera I've owned less than a week.

UPDATE: I showed the camera to a gadget freak friend. He simply pressed the UP arrow button, waited until the iFrame shooting mode showed up, and then pressed the FUNC/SET key. This brought up the shooting mode menu and I am now able to select any of the shooting modes I want.

Not only is the manual wrong, but Canon email tech support is apparently very limited in their ability to help. So far I am not impressed with Canon support and would not recommend this product except to very basic users who won't want or need the advanced modes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Thaqxb
Apprentice

Canon tech support told me to reset the camera and if that didn't work to return the camera at my expense for service. This is for a camera I've owned less than a week.

UPDATE: I showed the camera to a gadget freak friend. He simply pressed the UP arrow button, waited until the iFrame shooting mode showed up, and then pressed the FUNC/SET key. This brought up the shooting mode menu and I am now able to select any of the shooting modes I want.

Not only is the manual wrong, but Canon email tech support is apparently very limited in their ability to help. So far I am not impressed with Canon support and would not recommend this product except to very basic users who won't want or need the advanced modes.

Announcements