cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting my SX50 SH to shoot in RAW

FlorencePonk
Apprentice

After deciding to try using RAW images instead of JPG, I turned to my user manual to set my Canon SX50 SH to shoot in RAW. According to the instructions on page 146 of the manual, my camera seems to be missing some of the options.
It says to press the func set button, followed by JPG / RAW but I don't have those options available after pressing the func set button.
I have 1) "single shot"   2)Aspect ratio    3)SIze   4)movie setting
those are the only choices. According to the manual there should be a lot more in that menu
Can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

What shooting mode are you in, RAW is not availabe in Auto, Movie Digest or the Sports Scene mode.

It is available in P, Tv, Av and M modes

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

By following suggestions and the link kvbarkley posted, I have been able to g a raw version of my test photo.  I have download dppm.  How do I get the raw photo into dppm to edit it.  My photos are of my artwork.  What I am trying to do is have a raw file so I can downsize if to 300, 180 or 72 dpi as need submissions and catalogs.   

I just stumbled across Canon's Digital Photo Professional Express which at first glance looks like an Apple program only? As I said I just saw it so I am completely unfamiliar with it. It is available in the Apple App store.

@John_ wrote:

I just stumbled across Canon's Digital Photo Professional Express which at first glance looks like an Apple program only? As I said I just saw it so I am completely unfamiliar with it. It is available in the Apple App store.

I think it was announced with the EOS RP camera body.  It seems designed for mobile devices like iPads and tablets.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Makes sense, I just got the announcement I think from Focus Camera about pre-ordering the EOS RP

If you are in photos, select the image and use file->export unmodified to put the original file someplace.

I suggest to shoot in RAW only as a test, but here is how you switch from JPEG to RAW in Photos:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6985131

Announcements