cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX700HS Flash Problem

drkenrich
Apprentice

I've loved this camera for several years. Traveled all over and it takes wonderful pictures. I really don't want to replace it.

The flash problem is that the rear 4-function circular button doesn't seem to  work any more. Three of the four cardinal points = MF, Find set point, and self timer all work just fine. The flash control works about 5% of the time. Usually it doesn't work at all. I've tried what the manual says, tried opening the flash pop up both before and after trying to set it, tried in other modes, tried turning on the camera before and after pop up, anything I can creatively think of, but nothing works. I've tried two different fully charged batteries. I've even tried it in the dark where a flash would HAVE to come on. Nothing.

There's nothing else in the manual about this. Any knowledge out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FANTASTIC!!! RESET Worked. Thanks you so very much for the suggestion. I'd never have thought of it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi drkenrich,

Thanks for checking in with us.

It does sound like you've tried most of what we would suggest. You could also go into MENU and navigate to RESET ALL.

If problems persist, then normally I would suggest service, but your equipment is out of service life with us. That means we no longer have the parts that we need to do the repair, so you won't be able to send it to us for service. I apologize about any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause you.
You may wish to use this as an opportunity to upgrade to a newer item through our Canon Upgrade Program. This program allows you to replace your damaged equipment with a new or refurbished equipment that is a little more recent than your model.

The items offered through this program come with a one-year warranty. If you are interested in this option, please call our Sales Department at 1-800-385-2155. Our Sales and Accessories Department is available from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM ET Monday through Saturday. If you call shortly after we open or in the evening before we close, then there's usually not much of a wait. Please have your serial number or repair ticket at hand when you call.

FANTASTIC!!! RESET Worked. Thanks you so very much for the suggestion. I'd never have thought of it.

Announcements