cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX700 HS: photos not on SD card

Tocmpost
Apprentice

Apologies for going off topic slightly but need help please.   My photos are being stored in the camera's

memory and I need urgently to get them on to my iMac.  Can anyone help with 1, ensuring further photos

go to the SD card and not the cameras memory and 2, how can I retrieve photos from the camera and

put on my iMac ?   Appreciate any input, thanks.

Regards

Toc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tocmpost,

Thanks for posting.

Your camera stores images inside numbered subfolders that are inside the DCIM folder. If you're looking at images taken 3 months ago, you'll need to back out of that folder. When you do, you'll see the other folders inside the DCIM folder. To access the other images, look into each subfolder.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, Tocmpost!

The PowerShot SX700 HS can only store photos on the memory card.  It has no internal storage.  Any photos taken while no memory card is installed will show on the screen for a few seconds after being taken and will then be discarded from the camera's buffer.  To ensure your photos have somewhere to go, always have a memory card installed.

Your PowerShot SX700 HS can connect to your Mac via Wi-Fi. Click HERE for step-by-step instructions how to get your devices talking to one another.

We hope this helps!

Many thanks, your help is very much appreciated.

An SD card has always been installed.  If I view the pics in the usual way by pressing the button with a blue

square and an arrow pointing right on the rear of the camera I can see the pics I took yesterday.  But if the

SD card is removed and I connect it to my iMac they do not appear.  But images taken some 3 months ago

do indeed appear.   So not all images are being shown.  I have been having problems with my iMac's HDD

and wonder if this could be the cause...

Best regards

Toc

Are you using a Card reader?

Where do they "not appear"?

iPhoto? Photos?

Hi Tocmpost,

Thanks for posting.

Your camera stores images inside numbered subfolders that are inside the DCIM folder. If you're looking at images taken 3 months ago, you'll need to back out of that folder. When you do, you'll see the other folders inside the DCIM folder. To access the other images, look into each subfolder.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Got it !!   Very many thanks for all your help.  So simple....

Thanks again, I'm very grateful.

Best regards

Toc

GGrace
Contributor

Today my photos did not write to the card. I can see them in the camera's buffer.

Here are the troubleshooting things I've tried:

I tried taking some photos onto a different card and they also didn't save.

I've searched the card on my Mac using a search on created date. I've checked the other folders in the DCIM folder. On the card, I can see all the photos up to my last shooting date of 11/14. No joy using the wifi feature that connects to an iOS app (which apparently reads the card and not the buffer.) The iOS display shows the 11/14 photos as the latest.

Best advice I've seen on related topics is to reset the camera; assuming that will clear the buffer, correct? (Just some shots from a local walk.)

Yes reset the camera to its default settings

Announcements