cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60HR

Dinfrance
Apprentice

I have recently purchased a Canon PowerShot SX60 HR camera which takes CR2 RAW images.

Although I can open them in Adobe PSCS6 they will not display as  thumbnails in Windows Explorer  and I cannot view them in  Windows Picture Viewer.

I also have a Canon EOS 60D which also takes CR2 RAW images and these are viewable in all software without any problems.

I have installed Camera RAW 9.1 and CameraCodecPackx64 but still cannot view the SX60 RAW files. Any suggestions as to how I rectify this please............

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I already have that installed, the only solution that has worked is to buy FastPictureViewer Codec Pack!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jazzman1
Rising Star

@Dinfrance wrote:

I have recently purchased a Canon PowerShot SX60 HR camera which takes CR2 RAW images.

Although I can open them in Adobe PSCS6 they will not display as  thumbnails in Windows Explorer  and I cannot view them in  Windows Picture Viewer.

I also have a Canon EOS 60D which also takes CR2 RAW images and these are viewable in all software without any problems.

I have installed Camera RAW 9.1 and CameraCodecPackx64 but still cannot view the SX60 RAW files. Any suggestions as to how I rectify this please............

Try installing Canon Digital Photo Professional

I already have that installed, the only solution that has worked is to buy FastPictureViewer Codec Pack!

smack53
Mentor

Download the latest codec software for the RAW files to show in Windows Explore. Check out the following: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/page.action. That should allow the SX60 RAW files to show up.

Steve M.

Announcements