cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60 HS Image Transfer Utility and Windows 10

Paul19804
Apprentice

2015 SX60HS Transfers images via WiFi to iPhone using Canon Connect very well. 

I got tired of pulling the card from camera and putting it in the desktop.  Image Transfer Utility sets up OK; WiFi portion setup complete.  When I go to the camera to establish connection; it finds the Dell Desktop with no problem.  When I go to utility to "Add New Camera", it brings up dialog box to connect to the Image Gateway, which is now defunct. 

If I can xfer to iPhone using Canon Connect with no probs, why isn't there a utility to do the same to a WIN 10 desktop?

Or, am I missing something?

Thanks!

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Grazie
Rising Star

@Paul19804 wrote:

Thanks!

Paul

Well, Paul, that's for you to decide.

Yes, I can do all that you say with an iPad and iPhone. However, there is xfer from an SX50Hs to Windoze10. However, this stops at SX50. Or does it . . hmmm.. ? I can only think that their Website may not have been updated to INCLUDE the later models - or not? When I looked at the procedure for the SX50 it appeared almost identical. So, you could D/L the SX50 for xfer and see if it will work for our SX60Hs - but that's up to youSmiley Happy

The other, bulletproof way is to connect via the USB to Windoze10. This way you don't need to remove the SD card; you get ALL formats and it is far, far quicker than WifI.

Personally, I would think CANON has dropped the ball for this WiFi option for W10 and has moved on.

G

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Grazie
Rising Star

@Paul19804 wrote:

Thanks!

Paul

Well, Paul, that's for you to decide.

Yes, I can do all that you say with an iPad and iPhone. However, there is xfer from an SX50Hs to Windoze10. However, this stops at SX50. Or does it . . hmmm.. ? I can only think that their Website may not have been updated to INCLUDE the later models - or not? When I looked at the procedure for the SX50 it appeared almost identical. So, you could D/L the SX50 for xfer and see if it will work for our SX60Hs - but that's up to youSmiley Happy

The other, bulletproof way is to connect via the USB to Windoze10. This way you don't need to remove the SD card; you get ALL formats and it is far, far quicker than WifI.

Personally, I would think CANON has dropped the ball for this WiFi option for W10 and has moved on.

G

Grazie mille!  A formidable solution!  Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.  Amazon "next day'd" the cable; plugged it in; and the DCIM shows up in file explorer the same as any other storage device.

Thank you!

Paul

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements