cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60 Does SD card auto delete pictures?

Sgt355
Apprentice

I have a SX60, which at the price I paid I am quite happy with. But I've noticed that it appears to auto delete pictures off the SD card!

I prefer to copy them to a PC but I never delete them (I would rather insert a replacement SD)

That waqy I always have them with me when travelling

However scrolling back this morning, the dates are there but only grey retangles

Have I missed a trick here??  Man Sad

5 REPLIES 5

smack53
Mentor

Usually it's the software that you are using to download photos that auto-deletes after it finishes downloading. As far as I know, there is no setting in the camera to auto-delete the photos. What program are you using to download the images from the camera?

Steve M.

Hi Steve
Just the standard picture editor bundled with Win 10. I have other software, but they all seem to be much-of-a-muchness.
It does ask if after downloading if I wish to delete them, answer is always NO.
It's just annoying, I can (and have to) live with it, but I choose to retain them in the camera for a reason.I realise it's a base model entry level camera, but the picture handling I would have thought is the same across the range.
Regards Richard

How do you move the image files from the camera to your computer?  Do you drag and drop the files?  Dragging and dropping files may actually move them, instead of merely copying them from one location to another.

I learned a trick years ago with Windows when it comes to drag and drop, using a Mouse.  Instead of the left mouse button, try doing it with the right mouse button.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi
Thanks for this heads up. But no I simply import them via the installed Win software
Richard

Since you are telling the software "No", then I would protect all the photos. When you are viewing the photos, press the menu buttton, scroll down to Protect on the main menu, press the Func/Set button, then select All images. Hopefully that will keep your photos intact.

Steve M.

Announcements