cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX280HS E32 error (not video)

dakumar
Apprentice

Had this camera for close to a year now. Did the firmware update a long time ago.

Lately, the camera just shuts off on its own with an E32 error. This happens after turning it on and taking 2, maybe 3 pictures. I tried to update the firmware again and it says it is updated already. went to format the memory after that and it did, but then got the E32 error right after and the camera shut down.

I tried covering the center battery pin with tape like some in the video error thread did but that did not work.

10 REPLIES 10

KMaidment
Apprentice

I have found that the Ixus camera was great for underwater work. I have a housing for them and when they fail you can buy a spare second hand for £20. I thought I would invest in a better camera so bought the last Ixus version plus housing. It was a complete mess and the lense kept failing. too complex for it's own good! The people who sold it to me swopped it for a 'little used' Powershot SX280HS with Ikelite housing. It kept showing Error 32. I complained to the people who sold it to me and they said Lehman's in the UK would repair it free of charge. Apparently there is a known fault with the springs in the battery compartment that connect to the battery. We then had Lockdown so I didn't use it underwater. Now I am using it again, suprise, surprise, I still have error 32! The fault is just as above. The lens seems smooth, I have reset it, switched off IS and GPS Etc. I think as an Electronics Engineer, the problem is the battery used in the Powershot is the same battery as in the IXUS and I think that battery is not up to the job of powering the more sophisticated Powershot. Basically, it is a design error. For me it is a great problem because every time I buy a camera I need a new Underwater housing which vastly increases the cost. Most camera companies no longer make compact underwater cameras although I have some in mind but this is going to cost £1000 for a compact camera. I wish there were some answer for this problem. I am astounded at Cannons lack of interest. If it were a car there would be a free recall. Not impressed with Cannon at all.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements