cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement flashbulb Canon SD450

tapeinos
Apprentice

Dear Friends,

Hope all is well with all you fine folks.

Is there a replacement bulb available for the CANON PowerShot SD450?
How can one be certain it is in fact the bulb that's "bad?" and not any settings or something else?

Any help or suggestions appreciated. The camera has sentimental value as well.

Kindly,
little ralphie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear Friends, Thank you for your interest...
it's turns out it was a setting that was not correct I assume by default.
So, for now all is well.
Have a blessed healthy New year.
Cordially, Raffaelo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would contact Canon directly.  I believe your camera was released in the mid-2000s, which would suggest that Canon may no longer service or support your model.  If the part is not available, then you may want to explore the idea of purchasing a used camera for spare parts.  They are selling for rather low prices, if you shop around.  

It is my understanding that it costs more to repair these entry level, compact cameras than it is to simply replace it.  Some of them like Gordian Knots.  It takes two hands to take apart, but you need eight hands to put it back together.

It may be time to invest in a new camera, if you must have a functioning flash on your camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

tapeinos
Apprentice

Thank You Friend! Agree on what you said although if i could find a replacement bulb I'd consider the task and its as complex if not more so than replacement of a AC adapter plug in most laptops. You'd think they had at least two inputs for power short of redisigning the machine (assuming you or I were engineers). That plug input is constantly being used unless you the leave the laptop plugged in and god forbid you pull the adapter plug accidentially bending or twisting something inside/out or detaching it from the motherboard, etc. I checked the Canon website and the SD450 has been retired. There are a number of them on Ebay..what condition are those bulbs?
Are there any settings that might be set wrong somehow? its possible with other Canon models.

Take care, Raphael
😉

Dear Friends, Thank you for your interest...
it's turns out it was a setting that was not correct I assume by default.
So, for now all is well.
Have a blessed healthy New year.
Cordially, Raffaelo

Announcements