cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put GPS Back into Your Point and Shoot Cameras

naturalist
Apprentice

I'm really fed up with your canon connect app!!!!

YOU NEED TO PUT GPS BACK INTO YOUR POINT AND SHOOT CAMERAS. It never added that much cost to the camera or bulk.

I hate this having to connect to cellphones. Half the time the app doesn't find gps and I waste so much time dealing with it rather than taking pictures checking location services, etc. And I'm often without wifi to reinstall the app. Or I get through the day and lose all my coordinates thinking it was connected.

I've had it with this. Don't force us to buy a super expensive GPS attachment or use cellphone app garbage. All the old canons and nikon point and shoots with built in GPS worked great. Why did you force this stupid cellphone thing? I don't want to have to rely on an additional device with an additional battery and functionality.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I am a fan of onboard GPS as well, but not everyone cares. For me, it is a nice feature and something I really liked about my 6D2. When I upgraded, I had already resigned myself that I wasn't going to have it any longer. 🙁 I'm not going to mount a GP-E2 for run and gun shooting and while I do often have a cell phone on me, it's not something I want to fuss with either. I would suggest providing feedback. Visit the support portal. Scroll to the bottom of the page, press [+]Feedback, then select Product and leave your suggestions.

Canon Support for | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

naturalist
Apprentice

Thanks.

I've left feedback there in the past but It's been a while and I will again.

FilmCanister
Enthusiast

I have this frustration, too. I've been able to get the Canon Connect app to work, but I'd rather not rely on my phone. I'm not opposed to buying a separate GPS logger, though I won't necessarily buy the Canon GP-E2 unit.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements