cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with install of Canon SX720 HS camera download utility (dcsw-7-1-0-1-9l) camera software

ronaldwcarney
Apprentice

As I see is the case with at least 3 other users of the Canon SX720 HS, the software to get the Camera Window download utility will not load.  The program installs the icon for the camera window and the alerts with an error screen.   FYI--did unzip the Install utility first. Tried removing older version of both Camera Window and Image Browser first.  Same error.

Only suggestion for a fix or remedy seen was to try installing in compatibility mode.  Does anyone know whether this has any hope of resulting in a successful installation. I am running Windows 10 64 bit Enterprise Version. 

3 REPLIES 3

ronaldwcarney
Apprentice

This is actually a follow up to my original message.

I’m a little concerned that the software was written in 2016 and doesn’t readily install on win10. 

I’m guessing this is an older product that will not be getting further updates. Is this the case?

Tim
Authority

Hello ronaldwcarney, 

I understand you are seeking support for your PowerShot SX720 HS. 

For support on this product, please call 1-800-652-2666 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Agents are available during the following times. All times EST, excluding holidays.

Cameras - PowerShot -- 1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Installing in Windows Compatibility mode doesn't work all the time with all software. However, I've had it work often enough that I always consider it worth a shot. There's no harm in trying it. You may find that some older software will work a bit differently or that certain features are no longer available. But it seems to me that it will usually work the same as it always did, or it just plain won't at all.

And just for the record, are you working with a Win7 system with the free upgrade to Win10 or is this with a "clean install" of Win10?

Announcements