cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot sx60

kski
Apprentice

I have my new camera on a tripod and aimed at my bird feeders....trying to get some shots of humming birds and others...i get it all focused and then monitor the screen for a shot..but the screen turns off after 10 sec or what ever the longest length I could set it at.

I plugged it into power hoping that would keep the screen on and ready...WHAT CAN I DO TO KEEP THIS READY FOR A SUDDEN SHOT.  i am old by the time i turn it back on and refocus the birds are long gone..missed a hawk today.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

newsense52
Rising Star

Yes sometimes the image is gone before the camera settings is done. I believe you.

See in menu - tools - about power savings - do not  select  this one - Eco-mode "on" , this will keep the camera on and will not turn off until the battery is weak.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

newsense52
Rising Star

Yes sometimes the image is gone before the camera settings is done. I believe you.

See in menu - tools - about power savings - do not  select  this one - Eco-mode "on" , this will keep the camera on and will not turn off until the battery is weak.

My son also found some setting that needed changing...auto focus...now i focus but if it goes out, soon as i touch the button it goes to my setting...waiting for hand device to shot...see how that helps. I love this camera...my feeders are way out in the yard and i mean out..i can zoom in on the freckles on the birds legs..lol

klhochgraf
Apprentice

New SX 60 HS and I am needing assistance.  Where do I find the setting for  Center Weighted Focus ?    The brackets were jumping all over the frame,  difficult to keep the subject in the center AND in the brackets.    Thanks for the help.   KH

What you want begins on page 82 of your manual and continues on a for a few pages. There you will find what you are looking for.

I will read it again.  Maybe I missed something the first time.     Thanks.

Announcements