Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot G7x Mark II shuts down after picture taking

AlecM
Apprentice

image.jpg

image.jpg

Whenever I take a picture with my Canon Powershot G7X Mark II camera, the screen goes black but the lens is still out (as shown in included picture). It remains in this state until the battery dies or I press the power button. When I press the power button, the lens retracts and then goes out and the screen boots up as if I just turned it on. Of course, no picture is taken. 

Needed info: The battery is fully charged and the memory card is not full (about 15% full). This camera was carried around with me daily during a month and did have some bumps here and there, but nothing like being dropped or hitting it against a wall. 

15 REPLIES 15

im not sure- i will check and update when i know! (probably in a few hours)

Thanks a bunch! 

ok so apparently it was just the fee to mail it! roughly $50 for me, but you should check what it would be for you!

Kevelyn29
Apprentice

I’m having the same problem too! Were you able to solve it? I dropped my camera yesterday and it’s one week old… it turns on and then freezes and I can’t touch any bottoms bc it doesn’t work! I tried everything and it doesn’t let me take any pictures or videos! 

i dont think thats the same problem as this one because i was still able to take videos and use buttons on my camera before i got it replaced. i would suggest bringing it in to someone to check it out because im sure your problem is fixable. it’s probably just something that moved in your camera when you dropped it

Kevelyn29
Apprentice

IMG_2486.jpeg

Announcements