cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot G7X Mark IV ?

LJJasper
Apprentice

I've been hearing rumors of a Powershot G7X Mark IV. I first heard of it over a year ago when it was said to be held up by supply chain issues. Then I heard it was going to be released fall of 2022. Then I heard it might never be released due to the slow demise of point and shoot cameras. - Does anyone know if there will be a Mark IV and when it will be released?

3 REPLIES 3

rameyhc
Apprentice

I’d also like to know if Canon ever intends to release a g7x iv. I’m crossing my fingers that it has dual pixel autofocus. As far as a “slow demise of point and shoot cameras,” the popularity of the Sony ZV-1 indicates otherwise.  It’s better than the g7x ii and iii simply b/c it has much better, reliable autofocus. If not for the horrible autofocus issues, though, I prefer the g7x.  I’d also like to see an upgraded version of Canon’s m200 that includes a mic jack, 1080p 24fps, and in-camera battery charging. 

rameyhc
Apprentice

BTW, the reason I prefer the g7x (if it didn’t have autofocus issues) over the zv-1 is it’s build, compactness, flip up (vs. flip out) fully functional touch screen, and beautiful colors.

bryan111
Apprentice

i'd love to see the mark 4 im sure there is a market for the canon point and shoot. the last zv1f is just a joke and besides low light conditions the mark iii beats the iphone 14 in every aspect. its 2023 and im not losing hope to see and update of the g7x 

Announcements