cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot G11 display not working

Krauz
Apprentice

The G11 was in storage for several years, it worked fine the last time it was used many years ago.  The Display doesn't show an image nor the menu.  When I turn on the camera, a blue hue comes on the display, and when I push the display button, it flickers, and the intensity of the blue hue changes. So the display is somewhat responsive to the controls just not showing any images...  All the other camera functions work, even taking good pictures, as I removed the SD card and looked at the pictures on my PC.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

normadel
Authority
Authority

So are you saying you get no display at all, anywhere? Turning on, menus, reviewing photos, anywhere at all?

How about swiveling the display, moving it around?

A friend of mine once said, 'the worst way to kill your gear is to use it, the second worst is not to'.  

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Well, that was useful advice 😒

Now let's see how I can use it to fix my camera...

Announcements