cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX70 HS Turn Off Back Button

abrasrose
Apprentice

I have a powershot sx70 hs. I pressed the star and square back buttons to practice them and when I was finished, I couldn’t turn them. My camera won’t auto focus again. I turned it off and on again. Searched for a solution and all the articles only addressed turning it on. One article suggested going back to the factory settings and I can’t figure out how to do that. 

7C054B63-34CC-40DB-B8DA-14740A64880E.jpeg

E38FB92C-DD0F-4C91-93DD-2EC457D4F5CF.jpeg

This is my camera. I see responses to similar questions and they never refer to anything I can see a setting for.  
What can do, on my camera, to make it go back to auto focus? How do I reset it to factory settings?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Put the camera into "M" manual mode.  Press the menu button and reset the camera's settings to defaults.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

Do you have the User manual for the camera? If not, download it from Canon. Read it. It tells you how to reset to factory defaults.

Announcements