cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G7 X Display Turned Red

sunteam
Apprentice

I have recently purchased a G7X .... somehow as I checked out its features, my display changed so that any letters turned red and were inside black boxes .... also red rectangles were common .... I have tried out changing settings to no avail .... Canon does not provide person to person approach as far as I can see .... I'm sure the answer is simple, since I clearly clicked on something without paying enough attention ...  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Start by resetting the cameras main settings.  If that doesn't help, please post an image of what you are seeing.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Start by resetting the cameras main settings.  If that doesn't help, please post an image of what you are seeing.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Sounds like you are in the menus. click the menu button, though turning the camera off and on, or half-pressing the shutter should clear it.

sunteam
Apprentice

talk about feeling stupid .... of course it works .... it's like telling your wife that she is always right ...... I should have thought of it right away ....

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The "neck controls the head"...  My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  🤣

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements