cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX540 HS Func./Set button not working

Dirtysloth
Apprentice

When I'm trying to select any option in any menu, or select a picture, it's as though up, down, and left all work fine, but right (flash) is selecting as if it was the Func./Set button sometimes and Func./Set just acts as an arrow button, but they aren't just interchangeable. E.g., if I want to delete a picture, I can't because pushing left, right, or Func./set just toggles between Cancel and Erase. I can't select my phone when trying to connect with WiFi. If I am viewing pictures as an index, using either Func./Set only once or right only once will move to the right AND then select that picture.

I'm guessing this will need to be a repair. Just thought I'd reach out in case anyone has something I wouldn't think of. It is very disappointing as I've only had it for two weeks (bought new) and handle it very carefully.  It has not been dropped. The buttons are perfectly clean. No residue or anything. No noticeable feeling or sound to indicate stickiness.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You're welcome, I am not aware of any other way to reset the camera. If I were you I would get on the Canon website, register your camera then give them a call or contact whoever you bought it from for and exchange.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

John_
Authority

Try resetting the camera to its defaults through the Menu, you may have inadvertently changed the Func Set buttons setting. In any case, your camera should still be under warranty if all else fails.

Thanks for your response.  Ok, so I can get to the screen where it says "Reset settings to default?" and the choices are Cancel and OK but I can't actually select OK with the Func./Set button.  If I select OK and push Func./Set, it moves to Cancel as if I pushed left or right.  

You're welcome, I am not aware of any other way to reset the camera. If I were you I would get on the Canon website, register your camera then give them a call or contact whoever you bought it from for and exchange.

Yep.  Thanks, anyway.

Dirtysloth
Apprentice
Here's an update. I had turned the camera off and on a couple times since the other day and there was no change. I was just getting ready to call Canon this morning so I turned the camera on and now it's fine like nothing ever happened. Somehow it "fixed itself." Great, I guess? I turned it off and on a couple times and it's fine now. I hope that's the end of it and it doesn't happen again at a bad time. I'll post again if it does.
Announcements