cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX530 HS Lens Mechanism Audible in Videos

donnac36
Contributor

I also have a SX530 HS and when I record videos I can actually hear the camera mechanisms zooming in and out on my videos. I called Canon and they said they said they would research it and get back to me. They never got back to me.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, donnac36!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Most photography gear used for videos will do that.   Dedicated camcorders usually have some better protection against that.

The best thing to do though is have an external microphone either mounted on the camera/camcorder/cinema-camera or off somewhere (e.g. boom mic, lavalier mic clipped on the subject, etc.)

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I feel the camera is defective. I don't think buying a microphone will help because when I film wildlife or nature scenes you will still hear the camera mechanisms. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements