cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX530 HS Behaving Oddly After Fall

Helpplease999
Contributor

So I recently got this camera as a upgrade/gift from my cousin and like a Dumbo I dropped off the nightstand today. So now it's making a noise and looks like a weird comic filter is on but it's not

20220813_025204.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

GIven the noises that you reported, it is very likely that something has broken, but that is extremely significant, if not catastrophic.  The lens is a very expensive unit and in your camera's case, is a built-in component of the camera - i.e. it is not just something you can replace.  The camera would have to go in for a complete tear-down, test and if the lens is broken replace the lens.  Such a repair is far more costly than the value of the camera.  Given the strange effects, it is also possible that the electronics are damaged.

Your last resort is to go to the menu and do a complete factory reset of the camera - check your manual for the instructions, if that is possible - if you don't have the manual you can download it FROM THIS LINK 

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Well based on this photo what do you believe it is that is broken?

20220813_151500.jpg

Absolutely.  The advice you have received from two experienced photographers is that dropping it has caused internal damage. It could be several things, but the rattling suggest either a damaged optic, a broken board or damaged sensor.  All of these are not fixable by you and the repair is going to be more than the camera is worth.  If you don't believe us, call 1-800-OK-Canon and talk to their tech support.  If you send the camera in for examination that will incur a fee.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Screens don't make rattling sounds, it sounds like the optics or a board is rattling around in there, so my previous post still applies.  You are whistling in the wind and grabbing at straws (to mix metaphors).   Dropping the camera has caused it very, very serious damage and nothing you can do is likely to change that.  

cheers, TREVOR

Helpplease999
Contributor

  also here another photo of how things look on the camera 

20220813_151500.jpg

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements