cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX420 IS Solid White Images When Fully Zoomed In

SnappySusan
Apprentice

Have used this camera for 1.5 years with no problems until...a few days ago. Images taken when fully zoomed in are a solid white. This starts when the lens is zoomed in at about the 50% mark. If anyone out there knows what causes this, I would love to hear from you!

It is not specific to any one setting, (i.e. live, auto, etc.) happens with all of them.

5 REPLIES 5

Joanne5
Apprentice

Strangely enough, I picked up my camera this morning and had the SAME problem. I've had the camera for over 2 years, and have had zero issues. It worked fine yesterday. I get to about 25 % zoom, and it's all white. I even tried a factory reset, nothing has worked. I can't imagine what could be wrong.

GinaThomas3010
Contributor

I have the same issue. I have had my camera for a few years longer, but it is the same thing. It is as though when zooming out, the photos are overexposed. But no one has answered, no one has any idea what causes this? 

Hello GinaThomas3010,

If you have reset the camera to factory default settings already and the issue still persists, then there is an issue with the  camera unfortunately. The camera would need to be serviced. For assistance you will need to contact support over the phone. Their phone number is 1-800-652-2666 and they are available Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm EST.

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello SnappySusan,

If you have reset the camera to factory default settings already and the issue still persists, then there is an issue with the  camera unfortunately. The camera would need to be serviced. For assistance you will need to contact support over the phone. Their phone number is 1-800-652-2666 and they are available Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm EST.

bikkee
Apprentice

Have used this camera for 2 years with no problems until...a few days ago.Images taken when fully zoomed in are a solid white. This starts when the lens is zoomed in at about the 50% mark. If anyone out there knows what causes this, I would love to hear from you. It is not specific to any one setting, (P, auto, etc.) happens with all of them. Right now zoom or not, i am not able to click the photo at all. it is turning white on clicking. please solve this problem.  20230606084827_IMG_0038.JPG

Announcements