cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G7 Unable to upload photos to Mac

MarcR
Apprentice

Hi, I just acquired a PowerShot G7 and cannot seem to upload the photos from the memory card to my new MAC. I tried using a MAC card reader and by using a direct cable from the camera to the MAC with no avail. Apple Help couldn't find a solution, nor "Just Answers". I notice that when I tried to format the disc it starts the format and then a busy signal shows up and I don't think the format is completed. I've tried several cards including the recommended SDS card. What am I doing wrong? Much thanks, Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I Plugged the cable into the Mac and ran ImageCapture and it worked. A thousand thanks, Marc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Plug the cable into the Mac and run ImageCapture.

AlexWhales
Apprentice

Hi Marc,

It sounds like a frustrating situation! Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check the Card: Make sure the SD card is properly inserted into the camera. If you’re still facing issues, try using a different SD card, as the one you're using might be corrupted.

2. Reformat the Card: If the camera's format process isn't completing, try formatting the SD card on your Mac instead. Go to Disk Utility, select the card, and choose the "Erase" option. Format it as FAT32 or exFAT, which are compatible with the camera.

3. Check Camera Settings: Ensure that your camera is set to the correct USB mode when connecting directly to your Mac. Sometimes, the camera may default to a mode that doesn't allow file transfer.

4. Update Firmware: If your camera’s firmware is outdated, updating it might solve the issue.

5. Use Image Capture: On your Mac, try using the **Image Capture** app instead of relying on the Photos app or Finder to access your photos.

6. Try Another Reader: If possible, try using a different card reader to rule out any hardware issues with the current one.

If none of these solutions work, there may be a more significant issue with the camera or the SD cards. In that case, reaching out to Canon support might be the best next step.

I Plugged the cable into the Mac and ran ImageCapture and it worked. A thousand thanks, Marc

Anytime. That's more than enough that I could be of any use for someone. 

Announcements