Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SD960 IS Image doesn't take up entire screen

amyawesome
Apprentice

help me 😢😢💔💔

image.jpg

I have a Powershot SD960 IS and I'm not really good at working cameras like these. My photos are appearing like this instead of in full screen. How can I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hey there!

I got you! Just tap the down button on the dial. You might need to cycle through a couple options to get to the full screen you want. 😊

Stephen_0-1724076737159.png

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Amy and welcome:
I would strongly recommend that you download a PDF copy of the manual, which would help you with issues like this and save you a lot of frustration.  Put it on your digital device and you can have it with you all the time.  The PDF version allows you to search for topics of specific words.   Here is the link:
PSSD960IS_IXUS110IS_CUG_EN_02.pdf (c-wss.com)

If you want to know more about photography with a dedicated camera, I suggest watching the following:
Canon training articles  and Learn Photography - Simple, Practical - Free Photography Course 1/10 - YouTube

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I am very impressed you found that! I used an internal copy for the screenshot I shared! Thanks so much, Trevor! 

Thanks Stephen!

One of the benefits of being in Oceania is that the Oz and NZ sites seems to keep a lot of legacy documentation.  Some folks say that you need to get the version for your region, but I have sources manuals from across the globe (in English) and not really found any significant difference.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I think only the Japanese models are "different" because they're not listed on the manuals. 
Prime example is here in the Americas the camera is a PowerShot ELPH, and everywhere else it's an IXUS (except for Japan, where it's an IXY).

Stephen_0-1724091079214.png

Yes, it's like a marketing thing.  In North America the Rebel series has an ID system that left me baffled, while in Japan and some other parts of Asia they had the Kiss moniker - most of the rest of the planet: Europe and Oceania, at least, used the consistent 300D, 340D.... 850D progression, which I could get my head around.

Removed the link erroneously attached to my response to you, meant obviously for Amy - it's 6:30am and I need coffee... 😴

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements