cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G11 photos won't transfer to computer via USB

JackRoland_528
Apprentice

hi I wanna ask why I used a USB wire to connect my camera to my computer and still can’t get the photos transfer to my computer 

I did download EOS Utility to my computer still nothing happened can someone help me please I really want to post my photos 

5 REPLIES 5

JackRoland_528
Apprentice

I don’t understand what does it mean in digital photo professional 4 I plug in with my usb wire to my computer and I saw the files said “plug-in printing-> off” why is it off tho and is it because of the off I can’t transfer my photos to my computer?

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What computer and OS?

Np500r3m Samsung I think os is window 10 

oh and before my family can transfer photos to this laptop but I don’t know know why can’t 

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Jack and welcome:
If all you want to do is transfer image files to your computer, you don't need any software to do so as long as it has either a built-in or USB connected SD card reader. 

Follow this procedure - it is the fastest and more reliable method:

1. Shut the camera down and remove the SD card
  2. Place said card in a SD card reader, either built-in to your computer or via a USB port. When the card is connected, it should be seen as a removable drive by your file manager.
  3. Access the card, and the folder DCIM, that is where your images are.
  4. Select all the images and copy them across to a location on your computer's hard disc, just as you would any other files.
  5. After checking the files are all there, remove the card (for WIndows machines, you should use the Eject feature which you access by RIGHT+CLICK on the SD card icon). 
  6. Return the card to your camera
  7. Turn it on and format the card clean using the camera's Format command.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

normadel
Authority
Authority

First of all, EOS Utility IS NOT NEEDED just to move files from camera to computer.

Has transfer via USB cable worked at all?

Does the camera show up as a drive in Windows File Explorer?

If it does not, there are three possible reasons:

1 the USB cable is bad.  Try another one

2. the computer USB port is bad. Try another port. Try it on another computer.

3. The Camera's USB  port is bad. If this is the case, I'm afraid your options are limited.

I have always has immediate success in connecting my 10 Canon digital cameras to multiple computers by USB cable.  Have not had to resort to taking out memory cards and putting them into adapters. If the cable method is not working for you, figure out where the problem is.

Announcements