cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot ELPH 180 How to Download Photos to Chromebook

mainetheo
Apprentice

inherited canon powershot ELPH 180 from sister.....need to download family pictures to my chromebook or some other method please!. Camera & charger work fine, but no download cable, software/drivers , or instructions to display on chromebook or other PC type.  Can anyone help?

Thanks , mainetheo

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

If the Chromebook has a USB port, you can just plug the camera in and see what happens. IF you would like, you could also get a card reader which will just appear as a USB drive on the computer to let you transfer your images.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Unfortunately, I do not believe there are any Canon apps that run on the Chromebook platform.  A Chromebook is basically a web browser.  All “apps” that run on a Chromebook come from Google, or are.licensed through Google. I do not know if you have local memory storage inside of the Chromebook, or not.  

On Windows and Apple computers, you would connect to the camera using a USB port, and then you have access to the files in the camera.  A Canon app downloads the photo files.  Or, you can remove the memory card and use an SD card reader to transfer the photo files.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements