cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot ELPH 100 HS pictures are blue and staticky

sydboly
Contributor

Pictures come out Blue and static.  Not all the time.  Something seems to be off internally.  It doesn't seem to be a setting issue where you would have a blue hue.  syd camera 1.jpgsyd camera 2.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Well, we know it's not false color. 😆

What PowerShot camera model is this?  

Are you using a canon branded battery?

Is the memory card full size or micro SD adapted?

Start by resetting the camera to defaults, and testing with a second full size memory card.  

If there are any other circumstances, water exposure, etc please let us know.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi!! Thank you so much for replying and for your help. 

I have reset the camera to it’s factory settings, tried a new SD card, charged the battery fully and it is still doing what I described. The battery in it is also the original Canon battery. 

There has not been any water damage or other external damage that I’m aware of. I got this camera from a friend just over 2 months ago, and when she had it it was sitting in a drawer unused for years. It has worked completely fine for me this entire time, and only started this about 2 weeks ago, when it resolved itself and was back to normal. Now, it is doing it again and I can’t seem to figure out why. 

I'm assuming that the pictures also come out this way?  If that's the case, my best guess is a hardware failure.

Since it only sometimes happens, it could be that it develops the issue for often as the unit heats up.

Best to look into having the camera serviced.  Contact Canon to see about an estimate.   You can then see if it's worth the repair cost, or if it would be better off using that money towards a new camera.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

That makes sense. Thank you so much! Should I contact Canon through customer service or do you recommend a different route?

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon camera
 you are using.  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

Hello! This camera is a Powershot Elph 100 HS.

Announcements