cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power shot SX620 HS photo download to Mac OS High Siera

Christina_C
Apprentice

Hi!

I have the above equipment and while I have tried multiple times, I am unable to make the two talk to each each so that I can move photos from the camra to the computer. I followed the instructions in the camera manual and downloaded the Camara WIndow app that tell sme that "no camra" was found. If I try to connect from the camra, I select the computer icon and it locates my computer but after I select it as the device to connect to, it thinks about it for several minutes and then just tells me it was unable to do so. 

Any suugestions?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you have a USB cable or a card reader? What Mac do you have?

I'm trying to copy through the WiFi. The canera didn't come with a cable. I have a MacBook Pro

@christina_C

To kvbarkleys point, you can transfer pictures to a MAC or PC much faster if you use a card reader or cable.

Regarding your issue.  The instructions recommend you use a USB cable for connection.  This is not included with your 620, but can be purchased on amazon for under $10

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART138103&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

While a cable connection is recommended, you can use wireless also, but know that it will be much slower than a cable or card reader.

There are two options for wireless transfer.

One: The computer and camera must be connected to the same wireless network (router or access point)

Two: Put camera into Access Point mode.  You connect your MAC or PC to it in order to transfer images.

Each method is covered in the sx620's manual.  Starting on page 87.

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDMwMDAyMzYzMjAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements