cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In My Canon G12 camera, occasionally pictures become all white and faded.

Ruby
Apprentice
I have 2 years old G12 camera. It works fine for sometime and then suddenly pictures become white and faded. After I turn off and on, it starts working fine but not all the time. What could be the issue? I changed the memory card but problem did not go away.
3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

That sounds like over exposure. When it happens what mode are you using? It may just be a setting that's wrong for the mode used but one you don't know you've changed.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I am using Automatic Exposure Mode. Tried other modes as well. Made sure it is not changed between different pictures but still have the same problem. Appreciate your quick response. Any other ideas anyone?

If Auto is the Green setting switch to P mode & see how that does. So far I haven't shot a Canon camera that had an Auto mode that was worth trusting. P seems to make much better decisions. Also (very important to learn) learn how to use Exposure Compensation (it's in the manual) for such situations. If it corrects the problem it's the light meter being fooled by an abnormal scene. If it can't improve the photos it may mean that the lens diaphragm is sticking which isn't user repairable.  

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements