cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a cannon sx50hs how do I keep the pic count to be continous. after download it goes to #1

hink1
Contributor

I have sx50hs Iand I want to keep pic count as continous but everytime I download it goes back to #1

3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

Do you have Continuous selected in the File Numbering setting in the settings menu?

yes I do have it set on continous

You really need to rename the files anyway because the count only goes to 9,999 and then returns to 1 again. 

I have  found the simplest way is also the most effective. I create a folder for each batch of photos. The folder gets a name with date and description like "2015-12-16; Suzy's birthday".   Because each batch goes in its own folder it doesn't matter that they reset and repeat.  When I process the raw files I export them as jpg files to a separate exports file with a similar name and I have Lightroom nalme the images themselves that way like 2015-12-16; Suzy birthday 1 of 16. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements