cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find prior versions of T5i firmware?

terry48
Apprentice

I recently decided it would be a good idea to update the firmware on my T5i and went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.5.  The biggest difference that I have found is the the speed of the continous shooting feature has decreased.  Even worse is that after 3 images it now slows down to less than one shot per second.   Most of my shooting needs the continuous shooting feature at the higher speed that it used to be. I'm using the same memory card as before and setting up the camera up the same way as before.   I have tried using other settings but with no improvement.   Is there some place that I can download the older firmware to re-install on my camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

terry48
Apprentice

Ding, ding, ding!  We have a winner!  At some point while I was checking out the new firmware install, I turned on the Chromatic Abberration Correction and didn't turn it back off.  I just turned it off and I'm back to normal.   I will go back to the manual and read page 327 and see if I can get closer to the 5 fps the camera is capable of.   Thank you so much for your help.  This is what happens when the camera is smarter than I am.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority

Perform a low level format first before anything else.

terry48
Apprentice

I did a low level format in my PC to completely wipe the card before I put it in the camera.   I did the format in the camera as noted in the instructions and then transferred the firmware to the memory card and did the update on the camera.  Everything else works as it should as far as I can tell.  It just really slowed down the continuous shooting mode.

Peter
Authority
Authority

In camera low level format.

terry48
Apprentice

Yes, the camera was set to do a low level format in the camera in addition to the one I did on my PC.  This was a new flash card that I used to update the firmware with.  The card that was in the camera before, working just fine, now has the issues as the new card.

I also noticed a new display in the lower right hand corner in the viewfinder that has a number 3.  When use I continuous shoot that goes to 0 and the camera drops into the slow mode.  It never did this before.  I really just want to go back to 1.1.1 firmware and restore my cameras previous functionality.  Is there some place that I can find the old firmware?   All I can find is 1.1.5.

Your camera can take 5 FPS and max burst is 6 raw files. Raw+JPEG =3 shots.

Things that slow down your camera is written in the manual at page 327, for example high ISO, lens correction and NR.

EOSCard has 1.1.3, but your problem is more likely a setting.

terry48
Apprentice

Ding, ding, ding!  We have a winner!  At some point while I was checking out the new firmware install, I turned on the Chromatic Abberration Correction and didn't turn it back off.  I just turned it off and I'm back to normal.   I will go back to the manual and read page 327 and see if I can get closer to the 5 fps the camera is capable of.   Thank you so much for your help.  This is what happens when the camera is smarter than I am.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements