cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Powershot A560

brianorion
Apprentice

Hi. My Powershot A560 will no longer upload pics to my Win.7 (64) desktop. Somewhere along the line I must have disabled something that was needed for this. I am going nuts. I trried un-installing everything Canon and then installing right from the original CD, then updating everything from Canon.com.

Still no uploads. When I open Zoom Browser or Image Browser and click connect/ or whatever  then connect my camera there are three rapid tones but the message says "no camera detected" (or words to that effect). It's odd because Windows is aware of the connection and issues these three stacata tones, but the programs don't see it.

Sure could use some help here. Thanks- Brian

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi brianorion!

We appreciate the post!

The program that launches to connect to the camera and download images is Canon CameraWindow DC.  If it has not been updated yet, it will not work in Windows 7.  Try downloading the update to CameraWindow DC 8.8 from the Canon USA website below:

PowerShot A560 Drivers & Software

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I just saw this, thanks Mike.
I downloaded and successfully installed that CameraWindow program from your site. Still nothing when I connect the camera. I do hear the correct doo dah! dual tone of a connected device. Also when I open zoom or image browser I can connect manually to the camera and upload. I am confused because neither programs show you what was uploaded and you are not offered the editing (especially the auto edit feature that I liked so much) programs. I'm disappointed now. Life was so easy before; Connect camera, click up-load all, double click one to edit, save and done. Now I don't even see the pictures being downloaded and when I do find them there is no edit feature readily apparent. I'll go back and look some more.
I sure wish I could get the program to open automatically and be the same as before. Thanks Mike- Brian

I contacted Support and it seems to be a Windows issue since there appear to be other devices that don't autoplay despite correct settings.
I will learn to operate the new zoom browser. Thanks for your help.- Brian

brianorion,

I am sorry to hear that there is a problem in Windows itself, but I am very glad to hear that you were able to contact us and determine what was causing this.  If there is any other help you need, please feel free to let us know.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements