cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should rechargeable batteries last in the Power shot 120?

gloryg
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Power Shot 120.  I have been noticing the batteries have been draining very quickly.  Just today I put in brand new fully charged NIMP batteries.  They didn't every last half an hour and the battery display came own showing the batteries were almost out of power.  I took about 100 pictures.

Is there something wrong with camera?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

FNGRyan
Apprentice
Try Duracell batteries, not rechargeables, then if they drain quickly, you know it's the camera. I had a problem with one type of rechargeable batteries that wouldn't take a charge and lasted only a couple of minutes after a 2 hour charge, so maybe it's the batteries. Hope that helps.

Mykolas
Authority

Hi gloryg,

I agree.  You should try some alternate batteries in the camera.  You should also try cleaning off the contacts on the batteries and inside the battery compartment with a soft microfiber cleaning cloth.  If the batteries still drain too quickly, the camera will need to be serviced.

To start your repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements