cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my Canon A620 to work with Windows 7

magothy1
Apprentice

Just signed up here, ot the brightest with tech stuff. I'm trying to get my Powershot A620 to work with Windows 7. I'm guessing there's drivers I need to down load ? Will they be on the Canon website or on this help site ? 

I'll keep looking around. 

Steve

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you need photo software and don't have any you can download Canon software here.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/digital_cameras/powershot_a_series/powershot_a620#Dri...

But if you already have software you use there is nothing special you need. Ether connect the camera using a USB cable or remove the SD card from the camera and use a card reader (either an external one or the computer may already have one built in.)

If  you decide to connect the camera via USB you don't need a driver; its built into W7.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for that, a good friend got off work early and figured it out for me. As I say, I'm kinda dense. now if I can just learn to adapt to the" newer" way of doing things with Win 7.......I didn't dare try 8, after some stories I'd heard.

rajivkhr
Apprentice
I am also facing the same issue. So while it works with the CARD Reader but not thru the USB Cable Supplied !!

All Windows & Camera Settings seem to fine. But upon connecting the USB cable it doesn't recognize. Even the Device Manager doesnt list the Camera,
Announcements