cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Powershot G9 X Mark II

sumnerfit
Apprentice

Hi All,

I have just purchased a G9X Camera for work and need to take photos and upload them to an insurers website.  They have a specification that the images cant be bigger than 1MB (1024KB).  I cant seem to get any images down to that size.  The closest I got was with settings S1 and a 1:1 ratio.

Is there a way to take 640x480 photos with this camera?

PS... It's not lost on me the ridiculousness of this situation. (Both asking for the camera to be worse and the meager upload size of the insurer.

Thanks for help in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3

newsense52
Rising Star

S is a size for emailing purposes.

I suggest you crop the photo in your computer media editor, the smaller the size, the smaller the pixelage or memory.

I want to keep the same workflow as I have a staff member who is computer illiterate but needs to perform these tasks.  Ideally I would like to just set the camera to a small image size (640x480).  The current workflow is: Take photos (up to 20), plug in camera, open browser, upload photos (must be less than 1024kb).

Any extension to this workflow would cause quite a bit of extra time to be wasted.  The S1 settings at 1:1 ratio vary in size above and below 1024kb so isn't appropriate.  I would like to know whether the camera is capable of taking images for webpages (around 640x480px). I'm looking for some sort of thumbnail image in the settings that I can't find in the manual / or in google that will do the task.  I know the camera can do 640x480 because that's a setting for the video resolution.

Thanks

This might help you; press playback mode, then press menu: use arrow to move and select

You can navigate to select the following: resize  to lower resolution, photo book,  slide show, group image and play around to get what outcome you like, save if it prompts you.

Press menu again to return to playback mode.

Announcements