cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G9X Mark 2 HDMI not working

robleyhm
Apprentice
Recently webcams have been pretty expensive so I went through and I found my G9X and since it has an HDMI I figured it would possibly work. I went ahead and bought a micro hdmi cable on amazon and when I tested it out by connecting it to my TV, nothing happened. Anyone else have this problem?
3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi robleyhm,

Most computer HDMI ports are HDMI output only so they do not accept and HDMI input without a capture card. Canon does have a Webcam Utility which is currently in Beta to allow for cameras to be used as webcams via the USB port but the Powershot G9X Mark II is not yet listed as compatible. There are expected to be updates as the program is developed further to enhance compatibility however.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility/

robleyhm
Apprentice
Alright I’ll be checking that list thanks for the reply

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@robleyhm wrote:
Recently webcams have been pretty expensive so I went through and I found my G9X and since it has an HDMI I figured it would possibly work. I went ahead and bought a micro hdmi cable on amazon and when I tested it out by connecting it to my TV, nothing happened. Anyone else have this problem?

It is possible that you have a bad cable.  Some vendors sell cables that are too long, which exceed the HDMI specification.  Some vendors simply sell bad gear.  I would recommend a visit to your local Best Buy, but that is not always a viable option now.  I buy nearly all of my cables online through B&H Photo Video in NYC, who also happen to be the largest Canon dealer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements