cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G15 "Lens error"

whaler
Apprentice

My Powershot G15 has been working fine, and has taken no drops/hits. But now at power down, it tries to retract and close the lens 3 times. It always succeeds, but displays "Lens error. Will shutdown automatically. Restart camera". Occasionally it doesn't have this problem, but most of the time it does.

I've recharged the battery, tried another fully charged battery, but no difference.

Any thing else I can check? Where should I send it for service?

Thanks....

2 REPLIES 2

Mike

Hi, whaler and welcome to the Forum!

We recommend sending the camera into our Factory Service Center to be evaluated. From there, they'll provide you with a detailed repair estimate. You will then have the option to move forward with the repair or reject it and have your camera sent back to you. You can set that process up now at: http://usa.canon.com/repair If you would like to speak with our technical support before sending the camera in, you can reach them Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET, Saturday: 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET at: 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Thank you for contacting us and good luck!

whaler
Apprentice

I called Tech Support, and they said the Powershot G15 was "no longer serviceable" Boo....

Is there any third party repair (like CRIS) I could try?

Announcements