cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elph300HS problems

BethE
Apprentice

My Elph300 HS Power Shot camera does not take photos when first turned on.  It takes 3-4 clicks before the screen opens and I am able to take a picture..

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

BethE,

When you power on the camera, please allow the lens to extend and stop, and for the display to turn on before you try to take any pictures.  You may not be able to take any pictures immediately while the camera is still powering on.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The camera has been on for a full minute, the lens is fully extended, the screen is black except for the settings, battery power, etc.  But it still won't show what I want to take a picture of -- it flashes when I push the button as if it's taking a picture, but there is no picture to review.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BethE.

First, please try this:  Remove the battery pack from the camera and close the battery compartment.  Now Press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds.  Replace the battery pack and turn the camera on.

If your camera works normally, you're ready to start shooting.  If the issue persists, unfortunately, your camera will require service to resolve this issue.  You may set up the repair of your camera here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements