cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elph "No Camera Was Found" Error Message

bhandis
Apprentice

I am trying to upload photos for the first time from my PowerShot Elph 100HS to a Mac. I have installed the software but when I plug in and turn on my camera, my computer shows a "No Camera Was Found" message.  Any advice on how to get my computer to recognize my camera? I have triple checked that everything is securely plugged into both the camera and the computer.  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hi bhandis!

Welcome to the Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of the Mac Operating System you're using  as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi). It's also helpful to know which software you're trying to use to download your images.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

I am on Mac OS 10.8.5, connecting via a USB cord, using the Digital Camera Solution Disk Ver. 82.0 that the camera came with.  Thanks!

I found that the issue is with the Canon software. Normally I leave the "Connecting camera opens," in the iPhoto preferences, set to no application because I don't always want to download pics every time I sync my iOS devices. When you install the Canon software it sets this setting to "camera window" which is part of the Canon Suite that comes with your camera. So when you plug in an iOS device it tries to open "camera window" to which "camera window" can't find a Canon camera and says "no camera found."

If you will set this setting in iPhoto to anything but "camera window" you should be fine. At least I have been for the last month or so.

Let me know if it works for you too.

Screen shot 2011-07-18 at 1.29.46 PM.png

Now using a Mac, OS 10.7.5, installed software from the Digital Camera Solution Disk 57.0, connected PowerShot SD780 IS camera via USB, turned it on.

CameraWindow did not open automatically, and did not see an icon in tray, but went to Applications and clicked Canon Utilities->CanonWindow->CanonWindow.app.  Camera Window opened and did Transfer Untransfered Images.  NP, all is well.

One week later, I connect again, turn on camera. This time I see the icon, and click it. Result "No camera found".  Hmmm.  Went and tried it from the Canon Untilies, as above.  Result: "No camera found".  Huh?

Why did it work one week ago, but not now?  What has changed?

Thanks

Kit

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Kit,

You'll want to install the software updates from our website.

For detailed instructions, please contact us..

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

PuhoiPics
Apprentice

Hi, I am also havingthe same problem. I am trying to conect my  EOS 5D to the computer. I have down loaded the latest canon software and my sytem is OSX yosemite. I get a no camera found after turning on my camera. Can yoou help please.

Announcements