cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELPH180- Where is my usb cable? how am I supposed to download pix? Canon SUCKS

aMaZgRaZ
Apprentice

Why in God's name was a usb not included in the package? I see Canon is trying to sell me one for $60ish...This fact was NOT indicated anywhere...What good is this "camera" if I can't upload/download the pix? USELESS and CANON SUCKS. Furthermore. this was sent to me as a VISA "Rewards"...really? VISA is going to hear aboutU this scam.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@aMaZgRaZ wrote:

Why in God's name was a usb not included in the package? I see Canon is trying to sell me one for $60ish...This fact was NOT indicated anywhere...What good is this "camera" if I can't upload/download the pix? USELESS and CANON SUCKS. Furthermore. this was sent to me as a VISA "Rewards"...really? VISA is going to hear aboutU this scam.

Other manufacturers do not include a cord, or a memory card, with their least expensive cameras, either.  Including a card and cord, would price their cameras completely out of this highly competitive market segment.

Most people in the market for cameras in this price range typically have their own USB cord and a memory card, usually from another device they already own. Together, a card and cord may cost as much as the camera itself.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

While you are at it, I would strongly suggest getting a card reader for uploads instead of connecting the camera to the computer.  Your computer might even have a card reader built in with a slot for plugging in your sd card.  If not, you can buy one anywhere for under $20. 

Using the reader does not run down the camera batteries, and the upload speed is faster.  

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements