cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning up the lens and front screen of Canon Powershot SX530HS

elderpelina
Apprentice

I would like to know what should I do if my camera has a mold or dust on both the screen and lenses, should I do the cleaning process all by myself and can you give me some tips and instructions on opening to clean the lenses and front screen of Powershot SX 530HS?

Please help me, 

ASAP!

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

High quality lens cleaning cloth

Puffer air blower

Lens cleaning fluid

Maybe some Q-Tips

Dust is not a big deal.  Mold is another story.  I've seen it attack the optical coatings on some lenses.

Good luck.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

mariah1902
Contributor

You will need a lot of stuffs to clean your camera and lens properly, so if you want to invest a lot of money on the cleaning products then you can do it. Or you can just visit a professional who already has those and do it with a cheaper price. I would suggest you to buy the products that you need and do it yourself as our gadgets need constant care and proper cleanig after every shoot. So having all those stuffs can realy make it easy for us to do it when ever we want. 

John_
Authority

As a side note, you can usually find screen protectors for the LCD of your model.

Also, you can purchase inexpensive desiccant packs that go in your camera bag and absorb moisture which causes all sorts of problems.

Announcements