cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant format SanDisk - Extreme Plus 128GB SDXC UHS-1 Memory Card for G&X Mark iii

victorianwolfie
Apprentice

Just bought my camera yesterday and this memory card, ( SanDisk - Extreme Plus 128GB SDXC UHS-1) wont format. Online there was an article saying this memory card was great for this camera, so I am not sure where I am going wrong.

I am completely naive to this camera and am not sure if I need a different memory card or what. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure that you only use full size SD cards, not the micro-SD cards that need the plastic adapters.  

Check the Write-Protect slide switch on the side of the card.

Only buy memory cards from reputable vendors.  Buy memory cards and batteries on Amazon is not recommended.  Visit a local Best Buy for memory cads, but they always seem to be out of stock.  I always buy them online from B&H.

I think 128GB is overkill for your camera.  All you really need is about 32GB or 64GB.  I recommend the 32GB cards.

Do not use your camera a long term storage device for photos.  If you wish to save photos on SD cards, then remove the SD cards from the camera and store them in a safe place, free from magnetic fields.  The best practice is to download the images from your camera and memory cards in a timely fashion for storage on a computer hard drive, internal or external.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@victorianwolfie wrote:

Just bought my camera yesterday and this memory card, ( SanDisk - Extreme Plus 128GB SDXC UHS-1) wont format. Online there was an article saying this memory card was great for this camera, so I am not sure where I am going wrong.

I am completely naive to this camera and am not sure if I need a different memory card or what. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sometimes formatting a card in a computer and then inserting in camera and formatting in camera corrects a problem where a card can't be detected - it worked on my wife's T6s.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements