cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon powershot A810

Ellie2
Apprentice

My camera recently got a bit wet from spilt water in my bag, I took the batteries and SD card out straight the way and let it dry. It turns on and I can use it however the camera lense is just showing a black screen, anyone know how to fix this, if I can! Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Ellie and welcome to the forum:

The bad news is that you can't fix it or get it fixed.  Once a camera is compromised by water it is a write-off.  No Canon service centre would touch it.  The reason is that water, even rain water or drinking water, has pollutants in it and various chemicals that will attack the circuitry and oxidize it.  Also, once water gets into the lens it will inevitably encourage the growth of fungus.

So, the best bet is make an insurance claim if you can and get a new camera.  Check out the point and shoot cameras available from the Canon Refub site - these are 'good as new' and come with a Canon warranty.
The PowerShot 810 may not be available now but there are some really excellent cameras of the same point and shoot style.  Just keep scrolling down the list of gear!
Canon Refurbished & Used Cameras & Accessories | Canon U.S.A, Inc.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements