cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Accuracy on Canon G7X Mark II

Clauurubioc
Apprentice

IMG_9153.jpeg

recently purchased the Canon G7X Mark II, and my friend did as well. We took a picture of ourselves with both cameras using the SNC mode without changing any settings. However, her photo has more vivid colors, while mine appears too bright. We checked all the settings and confirmed they are the same. Hers looks more like warm. Please help

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:

It would help if you can clarify on what devices you were looking: e.g. the camera LCD, a digital device - such as cell phone, tablet or computer. The photos you show only indicate that the two were being compared on different cameras.   LCD displays on cameras are not a great means of rendering exact colour, (that's not their function) their image quality my vary a surprising amount, so for that reason, it is better to put both images on the same device.

When looking at the images from the two cameras, it would be more accurate to look at the colour histograms, which should have similar profiles - all else being equal: i.e. ISO aperture, shutter speed, mode and metering methodology.

Can you please download them to some other device and compare them?  While the colour rendition of the images may be very accurate as shot, every digital device will have different display characteristics unless aligned to a standard.  For that reason those who wish to do image processing and need to see exact colour rendition use a colour monitor that has been configured using a calibration device such as a Spyder, or use an Adobe colour certified monitor.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Clauurubioc
Apprentice

I recently purchased a Canon G7X II, but when I take pictures on auto or SCN mode, they come out washed out with too much flash, making my face look overly white. My friend has the same camera with the same settings, and her pictures come out looking tanned or the normal color without having to move anything on her settings. What should i check that we have different. Me and her didnt move anything on our settings when we got it and i like how hers come out. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Ca you post actual camera image files from both cameras on Drive so we can examine them? Us

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements