cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SX110is Terrible Pictures (Need Help)

rftech
Apprentice

I am getting terrible pictures. I went through all of the settings several times and it still takes slightly out of focus and sometimes dim or slightly washed out pictures.

Is there a firmware update available ?

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I figured out why some of the pictures were slightly out and slightly out of focus.

The ISO setting was set to 100 which caused a slower shutter speed and by not having a polarization filter some of the pictures had a slightly washed out look.

I should have know better from previous experience to use a slightly higher ISO setting.

Thank you for trying to help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Can you post a couple examples? Especially if they also contain the camera settings used?  It could very well be slow shutter speed.  But all we can do is guess without seeing actual data.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I think I figured out why some of the pictures were slightly out and slightly out of focus.

The ISO setting was set to 100 which caused a slower shutter speed and by not having a polarization filter some of the pictures had a slightly washed out look.

I should have know better from previous experience to use a slightly higher ISO setting.

Thank you for trying to help.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In addition to posting examples, what happens if you set the camera to the auto setting and take a photo outside at midday? 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements