cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SX 60 HS - HATE IT!?

scrapkat
Apprentice

Am I the only person that got upgraded to the Canon SX 60 HS that hates this camera?  Long story to the point....I started out with a Canon SX 30, fell into  a sink hole on the beach and my camera went into the wet sand first.  We called Canon, sent the camera in where it was signed for in receiving but then disappeared. After about a month we finally called to see what was going on and talked to someone high up in command who was appalled at the service AND my missing camera. He overnghted me an SX 50 HS and I had it the next day, free of charge.  Meanwhile a month later our UPS store receives a package from Canon with no name on it but since our town is small the gal knew it was ours.  Guess what? It was the missing SX 30 but we had no idea if it had ever been looked at or fixed or what. This was about 3 years ago. Forward to May of 2016 - I dropped my SX 50 (which I loved expecially for birding).  Called Canon again and was told they didn't make replacment parts but to send it in. Which I did.  Get a call back telling me no more SX 50's, but did I want the next level up, the SX 60? I had not heard about it but at that point was leaving for out of state in 3 days and had to have a camera so I said I woud take it. It was overnighted and I have hated it ever since (June 2016).  I have gone thru the manual step by step several times. My pictures are not clear, sharp or focused. I hate the new dial. And half the time it won't even turn on. So many functions are hidden under other functions.  Am I only person that feels this way abut their Canon SX 60 HS? I loved my other 2 Canon cameras and the customer service was so good but now I'm stuck with a dud camera. Should I call and complain to Canon? Or will that even do any good.  My pictures now look like when I started taking pictures as a kid. Mind you I'm not a pro but but Im not a bad amatuer and been have offered some photo opportunities. Anyway thanks for listening this long. 

Scrapkat

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGNI_enUS517US517&q=canon+sx60+hs+t...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I've also watched more Canon youtube videos that I care to ever again.  It just doesn't work the way it should.  Even on the Auto setting it doesn't take good photos.  And I've heard from a lot of other birders on FB forums that are extremely unhappy with this camera also. Even Lillian Stokes from Stokes Bird Books (big name in the birdng industry says not to buy this camera -wish I had found that out sooner!)  http://stokesbirdingblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-canon-sx-60-for-bird-photography.html

I don't know what to do because I'm sure Canon isn't going to refund me my money since my last two cameras were replacements for their problems. But I have to have a good camera. With these bridge cameras being the main cameras for birding, why didn't Canon think to put a birding mode on this one like Nikon did???? I was always happy with my other Canon's but feel I'm being penalized because first they lost and I assume did not fix my SX30 and then they didn't have more or parts for the SX50. So now I'm stuck with crappy photos from this SX60. GRRR!

I own 2 SX50HS cameras one my kid uses too. When I saw the SX60 come out I was not impressed enough to consider buying one. I only had 1 SX50 at that time.

I'm holding out for the SX100 lol

I'd hold onto that SX50 also. I asked for another one but they didn't have any when I called in about mine.  Do you know when the SX100 will be out and is there someplace to see it and read about it? And reviews on it also?  Thanks much.

lol well I was just wishful thinking. I would imagine they'l work up from the sx60 to a 70, 80 etc

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements