cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PowerShot SX620 HS need help fixing

1txcanon
Apprentice

I have a near brand new Canon PowerShot SX620 HS that got set aside a few years ago shortly after I bought it. 

It needs the battery / camera card compartment door fixed on it. It will not shut. It looks like the little orange piece connected to the door spring is bent preventing it. 

I think the camera is worth saving cause its in perfect shape other than the compartment door not shutting.

What is the best way to go about fixing a problem like this ?

thank you, 

t

3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

You can setup a repair request online below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

I need proof of purchase which means I have to find it. 

Can Canon tell me where and when I bought this if I give them a serial number?

That would help narrow down where to look. 

thank you,

t

Some may say I am over-fastidious, but I keep the boxes my gear came in (they live in them when not in use) and in each box I have the receipt.  I also keep an Excel worksheet with the make, model, serial #, place and date of purchase and receipt number.  It's worth the effort if you have to do a claim on anything, and it also helps with insurance.  Years ago I was burgled and the thieves stole a bunch of stuff.  With all that detail the insurance company paid up without a whimper.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements