cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II - terrible import issue over WiFi to iPhone

YuvalRomm
Apprentice

This is TERRIBLE! Help!!!!

I've been using my Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II for about 5 months now.

I import most of my photos via wifi connection to my iPhone.

I noticed after a long time doing this that apparently every imported photo creates an empty album with the name "Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II" on my phone.

So now I have litterally thousands of such empty albums (see image below).

I believe this has caused my Apple Photos library to stop synching and generally function slow.

Not to mention this is causing other issues when trying to work with images across other iPhone apps due to the large number of albums neede to load.

Does anyone have experience with this? 

Here's what it looks like on my iCloud account:

EmptyAlbums.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You might also ask on the Apple Community.

AliasInc
Apprentice

YuvalRomm - Did you ever find a solution for this?  I found your post while doing a search on the same issue.  I had to delete almost ~2K of empty albums yesterday. Certain photo apps were mixing them in with my actual albums so I could not get to the corect albums without scrolling through literally hundreds of the bogus ones. So frustrating. Love the camera, but this issue is really trying. I'm already dreading the next import.

Hi AliasInc, I did not find a solution but this issue stopped occuring.

So perhaps it was an Canon iPhone app update that fixed it since becuase now all photos are writing into the same Album "Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II".

My issue now is that the transfer rate of photos has slowed down noticeably which is quite frustrating but manageable.

Not sure this was much help but I hope maybe if you update all your apps things work out...

hi!  how did you get rid of all the empty albums?  I'm having the same issue. do you have to manually delete 1 by 1?

AliasInc
Apprentice
Yay, progress! Hopefully, it’s resolved for me as well. I’ll be doing a large transfer in a couple of days, so I should know soon enough. Slower certainly isn’t awesome, but as long as it doesn’t time out (something I’ve dealt with in the past), I’ll just plan on starting it and keeping myself busy with something else for a while to avoid too much frustration. 🙂 Thanks so much for your reply!!

I try to do daily dumps instead of very large ones for that exact reason. Hope it works out better for you.

AliasInc
Apprentice
Thanks! Not a bad idea. I’d much rather deal with that workaround than deleting thousands of empty albums - for sure! Perhaps I’ll try a daily as well if need be.
Announcements