cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register G5X MKII

timmangini
Apprentice

I bought two G5X MKII cameras (1 each for me and my daughter) and we can't register them as the website returns a "no results found" in the search window. It came out 4 years ago, so it should be in the database. A little help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite

While Canon moderators do frequent these pages, it would be best to call up Canon support.   Sometimes there are problems in Canon's registration page where certain products were inadvertently not included.

Also, if you haven't already tried, perhaps enter in the product as "PowerShot G5 X Mark II" just in case the search wants an exact name.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Stephen

Where were they purchased from?

The serial number is inside the silver box on the bottom of the camera, not on the box. 

I was indeed able to find the unit by entering the full product name "PowerShot G5 X Mark II". I would think the website would have more intelligence than that, but it doesn't. I purchased through Amazon. Is the fact that the unit is refurbished a reason why I might not be able register?

Refurbishment doesn't preclude registration with Canon USA.  There are, however, cameras designated for sale in North America and their serial numbers fall within specific ranges.  If you enter a serial number that indicates that the camera was intended for another part of the world, the registration might not go through.

If you continue to have trouble, please give our PowerShot support team a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and they'll be glad to help.  You can reach them Monday through Friday.

Hope this helps!

Announcements