cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CameraWindow DC Settings

jggaffney
Apprentice

I recently upgraded to a G12, which came with the CameraWindow DC utility. I also upgraded my PC from an old XP computer to a new Windows8 computer. The new download utility works fine, after I figured out how to stop it from storing images in subfolders with the date as the name. The problem I have now is that I want to delete the images from the camera after I download them. I haven't found that anywhere in the CameraWindow DC settings. It's a good thing I have a 32gb memory card because it's filling up with images.

Short of logging into the memory card from Windows Explorer and deleting a lot of images, is there a way I can make CameraWindow DC delete the images after it downloads them, like the old Windows Camera Wizard?

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jggaffney,

The image erasure function is no longer provided on the Canon Camera Window.

As a work-around, I recommend formatting your memory card, as shown on page 22 of your PowerShot G12 Manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Perhaps Canon could consider adding this function to future releases of the software. You used to do it.

northmo
Apprentice

you can delete using camerawindow -- go to the 'organize images on camera' section; it allows you to select and delete.

click on the first photo, then scroll to the bottom and shift-click on the last, to select them all.

i have a different problem with camerawindow: i took my memory card out of my old canon and put it in my new s110, and it believes all the images on it are "untransferred", even though they are.  i can't find any tool to set them all to "transferred"; i really don't want to download them all again Cat Frustrated

Northmo:

Thanks for the tip. It's a way to delete images from the Canon utility. However, it's now a two-step process: download the images, then delete the images. The old software, and Windows Explorer, allows me to download and delete images in one pass. IMO, Canon dropped the ball with this new software.

Announcements